The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Friday, October 04, 2002  

HOUSEKEEPING
Someone Has to Clean Up Around Here!

Despite fears of sounding too much like Daniel Pipes, I offer the following housekeeping items:

THE MOVE

The major part of the physical move of The Rittenhouse Review and |||trr||| will take place over the next three days: Sat., Oct. 5, through Mon., Oct. 7. My “real world” boss will require my long-distance attention at 5:00 a.m. on Monday morning, so all of the hardware will be up and running by then. Nevertheless, please bear with me over the next several days.

LINKS

I am flattered beyond words by the large number of new webloggers who have asked that I look at their sites and provide a link from the Review. To all of them -- and to the readers I know will gain much from such future links -- please be aware that the list of “Preview Blogs” in the bookmarks file on my browser now numbers more than 50. It will take me some time to review all of these sites, in part because I recently have been negligent in checking already-linked sites for new and provocative material. Please be patient.

E-MAIL

I try to answer each and every e-mail I receive. However, this lately has been a difficult promise to keep, in part because of the impending move, but also because of the volume of mail received -- from friends, allies, foes, and enemies (for lack of a better word). Please know that each message received by the Review is read by me personally and that all comments, criticisms, and compliments are greatly appreciated.

THE SITE

During the past two weeks, Blogger has not been kind to my readers, nor to me, nor to others whose sites it hosts. I am in the early stages of examining software and hosting alternatives, but it will be several weeks before I can even approach some kind of decision about this matter. Your suggestions and advice are most welcome.

BOOKS

If you are a regular customer of Amazon.com, or even an infrequent or new customer of Amazon.com, please consider making your purchases through my friend and ally, Atrios of the highly regarded Eschaton, the only blog I check more than once a day. If you need assistance in this regard, please contact Atrios at atriosblog /at\ yahoo - /dot\ - com.

DONATIONS

Readers may have noticed that I do not have a link to a tipping box via Amazon.com, PayPal, or any other source. There are a variety of reasons for this, reasons I may outline in a future post. For now, however, the best way to express your support for The Rittenhouse Review is to donate to the gubernatorial campaign of Bill McBride, the Democratic candidate running against incumbent Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Please consider making the most generous contribution you can -- even $25 is greatly appreciated by the campaign -- by clicking here.

A FINAL WORD

Thank you, once again, one and all, for your continued support.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS