The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, July 15, 2003  

HELP ME!
Windows XP® Problems

I recently upgraded my operating system, moving from Microsoft’s Windows ME® to Windows XP® (Office Version).

All in all, it’s been a positive experience. I keep saying to myself, “Wow, I can’t believe the system doesn’t crash five times a day,” as if that were a blessing or a major technological breakthrough and not a given.

Regardless, I’m having a problem with Windows XP® that I can’t figure out and I’m hoping readers can help.

Here it is: When I try to save a photo from a web site that is in JPG or JPEG format, Windows XP® will only allow me to save the file as a Bitmap (*.bmp) or Art (*.art) file.

Gee whiz, I don’t even know what an “ART” file is let alone what I could do with it.

Any suggestions?

[Post-publication addendum (July 17): Thanks to everyone, and I mean everyone, who sent in suggestions and tips for fixing this problem. I greatly appreciate your kind assistance. Now, can someone tell me why my speakers aren’t working?]

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS