The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Saturday, January 03, 2004  

WHO BUYS THIS STUFF?
I Thought I Was Weird

Okay, I know I’m strange and have obscure interests, particularly in the area of languages and linguistics, but really, is there a genuine market for a title such as Talk Now! Sami?

Sami?

Do you know what that is?

Sami is spoken by, well, the Sami, also known as the Lapps.

In Lapland.

There are an estimated 48,000 to 75,000 Sami living in Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russia, and among that close-knit group are spoken nine different variations of the language.

How the publisher, EuroTalk, intends to recoup its investment in this project is beyond me.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS