The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Thursday, July 01, 2004  

RETHINKING THE RITTENHOUSE STYLE
For Love, Money, or Something Else

Since trashy language no longer has the capacity the shock or even surprise, most readers probably haven’t noticed there is a general prohibition against the use of profanity and vulgarities at The Rittenhouse Review, a stylistic decision I like to think harkens back to the best idiosyncracies of William Shawn.

It works well for me, if only because I don’t have to cringe at the thought my mother reads the blog.

But today I’m starting to rethink the entire premise. And why not, since I learned from reading Wonkette that Washingtonienne has sold her book proposal for $300,000, news that has right-wing columnist and professional America hater Michelle Malkin swooning in deft 19th-century style.

Of course, there’s more to Washingtonienne than a potty mouth: She competes on fields I’m not willing -- or able -- to play.

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS