The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Friday, July 09, 2004  

WAY TOO LATE
Way Too Much “Lifetime”

Okay, so it’s, what, 2:05 a.m. (Eastern time, naturally), and, as usual, I can’t sleep, and so I’m watching, what, “Masterpiece Theater”? No, “Suddenly Susan.”

You know, after a nasty dispute with the apparently cash-starved Comcast Corp., I lived, survived, thrived even, for more than a year without cable television, which, as we all know, means I lived for more than a year without television of any kind.

And now here I am watching “Suddenly Susan.” And I’m laughing. No, no, no, it has nothing to do with Siena College-reject Brooke Shields, and everything to do with Kathy Griffin (let me just say, genius with red hair) and the late David Strickland, he of his own variety of genius, a man whose death, by his own hand, served as a painful reminder of how hard it is for some of us to just hold on, one day after another.

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS