The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, October 20, 2004  

"WE'RE NOT GOING TO HAVE ANY CASUALTIES"
He Said It. He Really Said It.

From President Mission Accomplished via the Rev. Pat Robertson:

"You remember Mark Twain said, 'He looks like a contented Christian with four aces.' I mean he was just sitting there like, 'I'm on top of the world,' " Rev. Robertson said on the CNN show, "Paula Zahn Now." [Transcript here.]

"And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties.' "

Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." [Emphasis added.]

President Bush said that. He really did.

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS