The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, December 08, 2004  

ELIOT SPITZER
Mensch

I grew up in New York, and then, much later, lived in Manhattan for more than three years, and as much as I love Philadelphia, there are times when I wish I were in New York.

No, I don’t miss the massive salary, the car service, the doggie daycare, and all that all that money bought. (Okay, maybe a little.)

I miss New York’s exceptional lawmakers, including the principled, honorable, and admirable Eliot L. Spitzer, currently New York attorney general, who yesterday announced plans to enter the 2006 race for the governorship of New York.

Keep an eye on this guy. I’ve long thought he has was it takes to become the first Jewish president of the United States. And if so, I’ll back him every step of the way.

| HOME | | DONATE |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS