The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Saturday, July 20, 2002  

ANN COULTER REALLY, REALLY, REALLY
WANTS TO TALK ABOUT HER BOOK
And Sell It, Too!

As we’ve noted before, one of Ann Coulter’s favorite strategies for deflecting criticism during her media appearances is to whine that she isn’t being given the opportunity to talk about her new book, the autobiographically entitled Slander.

She pulled the same stunt during her July 18 appearance on “Donahue,” the new MSNBC program hosted by Phil Donahue.

The preliminary transcript reveals Coulter employed various forms of the dodge eight times in twenty minutes.

COULTER: No, I didn’t, but that’s the last book. Can we talk about this book?

COULTER: No, that is utterly preposterous. But I love that there are so many rumors about me out there, and that people want to talk about crazy things like this, rather than discuss my book.

COULTER: Are we really going to keep talking about the last book?

COULTER: And, as I wrote in my last book -- we will get to this book in a moment, right?

COULTER: I thought we were going to talk about my book.

COULTER: I’m just trying to talk about my book.

COULTER: Actually, you’re the one who wants to keep talking about Clinton. I’m the one who wants to talk about my book.

COULTER: I don’t mind Enron as much as I mind you losing the entire viewing audience when I’m trying to sell a book, by going through these tedious charges. [Emphasis added.]

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS