The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Thursday, October 17, 2002  

A NEW LEFT-WING BUGABOO?
Blogger Goes Snipe Hunting

Charles Murtaugh asks, “By the way, am I the only one who’s noticed that Andrew Sullivan’s recently increased visibility has provoked the emergence of a new left-wing homophobia?”

Well, I would wager to say yes, but that’s only because I haven’t the slightest idea what Murtaugh is talking about, despite having inquired to him about this very subject. And I say this respectfully, as any visitor to Murtaugh’s site will notice immediately that it’s a place for thoughtful consideration of a wide range of current topics, with a particular emphasis on hard science.

Nonetheless, if any of the Review’s readers can help me get to the root of Murtaugh’s question, I would appreciate it.

Oh, and by the way, I’m referring to the question in its entirety: both “Sullivan’s recently increased visibility,” an observation of recent trends that runs counter to all empirical evidence, and “the emergence of a new left-wing homophobia.”

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS