The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, January 08, 2003  

IT’S JANUARY
Time for a Little Cocooning

MATTERS FOREIGN & DOMESTIC:The tag line for this site used to be “A Review of Foreign Policy, Finance, Ethics, and Culture,” but I recently swapped in “Politics” in place of “Foreign Policy,” for the fairly obvious reason that I have devoted less time, space, and attention to matters overseas than I previously had anticipated. I’m not abandoning the material, but for now I’m content to read the likes of Sean-Paul Kelley at The Agonist.

~~~~~

SCOOBIE’S SAVAGERY: Scoobie Davis is all over the latest freak talk-radio phenom, Michael Savage. I have to hand it to Davis for even being able to listen to those programs. Whenever I try that I feel like a stranger in my own country. (Note to self: Watch e-mail in-box for rabid and illiterate accusations of red-state -- Or is it blue-state? I always mix them up. -- liberal elitism.)

~~~~~

THERE’S STILL TIME FOR A MAKE-UP EXAM: I should have linked to this last week, but in case you missed it, Mad Kane has the Dubya Quote Quiz to test your knowledge of our linguistically challenged president.

~~~~~

DON’T JUST COMPLAIN, CALL YOUR REPORTER: Take Back the Media tells you how to contact your friendly neighborhood media whores. (Via Atrios.)

~~~~~

IS SLATE PUTTING US ON?: I knew there was a reason I stopped reading Slate a while back -- besides the furrowed-brow-and-welfare-mothers-obsessed Mickey Kaus, that is. David Ehrenstein reminds me what it was: sloppy editorial controls in the post-Michael Kinsley era.

Vanessa Gatsch of Plucky Punk’s Happy Land also takes Slate out to the woodshed for some well-deserved slapping around.

~~~~~

BLOGROLLING NOT ROLLING: I have no idea what’s been going on with Blogrolling.com, the service I use to maintain the blogroll published in the sidebar at right. It worked flawlessly for weeks and now suddenly it has become unreliable.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS