The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Monday, January 06, 2003  

TO HELL WITH ALL OF THEM
The Virgin Ben Goes All Judeo-Fascist and Stuff

Young Ben, a/k/a the Virgin Ben, the first human being to earn this vaunted status since the Virgin Mary, today looks in the mirror and then posts a few scribbles under the title Useless Idiot,” in which he proposes Palestinian-rein for Israel:

The only hope for an end to violence is that the Israeli populace becomes so polarized that they start voting Moledet, or pushing Likud far-right. Why? Because the only solution to this problem is transfer of Palestinians from Judea and Samaria, and Israeli Arabs from Israel proper.

I guess that’s better than Mr. Steven “Clueless” Den Beste’s advocation that we “Kill ‘Em All!” (If you care to, you may read the aptly named Clueless’s full post here, but I warn you, in this doodle he is on this topic as long-winded and boring as ever -- zzzzzzzzzzzz.), but the Virgin Ben further adds, “the Israeli Arabs in general hate the state of Israel,” a revealing comment, since for decades I’ve been reading Israeli propaganda telling me that Arab Israelis are oh so grateful to be living in -- and participating in -- the region’s “only genuine democracy.”

Lies, all lies, I suppose.

Calm down, Virgin Ben. Take in yet another showing of “The Two Towers” (This would mark your fourth, I believe.), seek relief under the sheets, and then tell us how you feel.

[Post-publication addendum (January 7): I’m not sure where the diminutive Ben Shapiro found the word “Nazi” in my post, but he’s right about my German. I should have written Palestinian-rein not Palestinian-rat, and so I have corrected my error, which does not for a moment alter his status as a Kahanite fascist.]

[Post-publication addendum (January 7): Steven “Final Solution” Den Beste apparently doesn’t know the difference between a permanent blogroll link and a fleeting link used to refer readers to some of the most miserable dreck on the web.]

[Post-publication addendum (January 7): Writes young Ben: “Jimmy Cap, the personality behind Rittenhouse, has a simple strategy -- attack a right-wing blogger bigger than he is, and then wait for them to link back, riding the wave of their hits.” Believe me, Benny Shap, I don’t need your traffic. And since you’re bigger than me, I’m sure you don’t need mine.]

[Post-publication addendum (January 10): No surprise, the brilliant Jesse Taylor of Pandagon sees through Benny Shap’s lame tactics.]

[Post-publication addendum (January 17): I just noticed today that Bruce Garrett of The Story So Far commented on Benny Shap’s tortured psyche last week.]

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS