The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Monday, January 13, 2003  

TURN ON YOUR TV!
There’s A Movie on You Should Be Watching

Earlier today I intended to post a “Cheesy Lifetime TV Movie Alert” at the Review’s secondary site, |||trr|||, but I didn’t.

The post would have mocked, in advance, “Hunger Point,” airing at this very moment on Lifetime TV.

I would have said something snarky like, “The only thing Lifetime likes more than battered women is starving teenaged girls.”

I’m glad I didn’t. Twenty minutes into the movie and I am in a rush to say it’s terrific: Excellent cinematography, an amazing script, and great performances by Barbara Hershey (though her lips are shrinking) and the outstanding and deserving of far more recognition Susan May Pratt and Christina Hendricks.

So stop reading this, turn on your television set, and tune in to Lifetime.

NOW!

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS