The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, February 25, 2003  

THE NEW REPUBLIC NEEDS LIBERALS
And Women

The March 3 edition of the New Republic arrived in the mail today.

It's billed as a "special issue" on the subject, "Liberalism and American Power."

The contributors:

Peter Beinart, Paul Berman, John B. Judis, Lawrence F. Kaplan, Robert D. Kaplan, Charles Krauthammer, Azar Nafisi, Martin Peretz, Samantha Power, Jeffrey Sachs, and Leon Wiseltier

I suppose one could argue that's a fair group to ponder the subject. I think I see a few liberals in there. And two women. Maybe "The New Republic Needs Liberals and Women" would have made a better title.

[Post publication addendum: I see now that Eric Alterman commented on TNR's March 3 issue at Altercation yesterday. I'm falling behind in my reading, I guess. Call it "Slacker Monday."]

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS