The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, May 14, 2003  

DETROIT BASHING
Eminem, Madonna, Kevorkian, Iacocca -- All Deserving Targets

The Philadelphia Daily News today suddenly decided to really hand it to the city of Detroit. I'm not sure why, exactly. Something to do with pro basketball, I gather.

It's a great article, reflecting, as former Philadelphia resident Neal Pollack once described to me, in our otherwise exceedingly steamy private correspondence, the fact that the Philadelphia Daily News, more than any other newspaper in America, accurately captures and portrays the city and the people upon which it reports. I couldn't agree more.

My favorite quote from the article is, well, a quote:

"The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family." -- Lee Iacocca, apparently uttered before his 18-month second marriage to a flight attendant or his third marriage to a woman he later accused of extortion.

That's Lee, Mr. Family Man.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS