The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, June 18, 2003  

MORE BETTER PENNSYLVANIA SCHOOLS
Astute Blogger Corrects My Error

Nichole Dulin of Passenger Pachyderms writes in to correct a mistake in a June 15 post here, “A Rank Obsession,” in which I noted that only five schools in Pennsylvania made MSNBC’s list of the nation’s best public high schools.

As Dulin notes, the list includes not five Pennsylvania schools, but 11.

Dulin assumed, correctly, that I searched the list for schools located in cities and towns in Pennsylvania with the state abbreviated, properly, as “Pa.” However, as Dulin observed and subsequently informed me, six more schools are included but in these cases, “Pennsylvania” is incorrectly and inconsistently abbreviated “Penn.”

So, in addition to the five schools previously cited, we add the following, with my apologies for the oversight: Fox Chapel, in Fox Chapel; Woodland Hills, in Woodland Hills; Wissahickon, in Ambler; Harriton, in Rosemont; Lower Merion, in Ardmore; and Upper St. Clair, in Upper St. Clair.

I guess things are better here than I thought. And that’s a good thing.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS