The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Monday, July 28, 2003  

THE BLOG POST THAT NEVER WAS
And Maybe Never Will Be

When I woke this morning and got down to work -- actually, after I did some of my “real” work and then starting thinking about Rittenhouse -- I thought I would write and post a piece summarizing the day’s editorials and op-ed pieces about such pressing topics as the Bush administration’s blatant display of deceit and deception, the recent string of lies coming from White House National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, and the still newly released report on the largely ignored intelligence and warnings immediately predating the terrorist attacks of September 11.

I apologize, but through no fault of my own, this particular post is not to be. I had plenty of time to work on it. And I checked dozens of newspapers -- the major national dailies, the super-regionals, the second-tier papers, numerous locals, and others. My thoughts were assembled. But frankly, I came up dry. There just weren’t any “texts” with which to work.

Odd, though, and yet gratifying, halfway through the exercise, to notice that letter-writers around the country are far more concerned about these issues than the editors of the newspapers themselves.

So, call it the blog post that never was.

Maybe someday soon. I’ll keep checking. I promise.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS