The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, July 16, 2003  

FOUR NEW ACES IN THE DECK
More on Sagging Morale Overseas

This just in from ABC News reporter Jeffrey Kofman:

The sergeant at the 2nd Battle Combat Team Headquarters pulled me aside in the corridor. “I’ve got my own ‘Most Wanted’ list,” he told me. He was referring to the deck of cards the U.S. government published, featuring Saddam Hussein, his sons[,] and other wanted members of the former Iraqi regime. “The aces in my deck are Paul Bremer, Donald Rumsfeld, George Bush[,] and Paul Wolfowitz,” he said.

I knew that stupid deck of cards would come around and bite the Bush administration in the butt. Can you spell hubris? Good, because I doubt President Bush can.

Meanwhile, CNN’s village idiot, Wolf Blitzer, today asks, “Do you have confidence in the way President Bush is handling the situation in Iraq?” At last check the vote was running 94 percent “No” to 6 percent “Yes.”

I’ll bet Wolfie is “astonished.”

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS