The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Monday, July 28, 2003  

LLOYD, WE HARDLY KNEW YE
Moving on to the Big Leagues

My, how our little Lloyd has grown!

Lloyd Grove, gossipeur extraordinaire at the Washington Post, has left that paper’s “Style” section for more fertile pastures: the New York Daily News.

Grove last week issued his swan song to his faithful readers, among whom, there is no doubt, there has been much gnashing of teeth and renting of garments:

After 23 years at The Washington Post, the past four presiding over this always[-]absorbing (and sometimes terrifying) daily franchise, I’m leaving. I will barely have time to catch my breath before uprooting from D.C. and replanting in Manhattan to launch a gossip column in the fall for the New York Daily News.

Hardly time to catch you breath? “The fall” is, by the calendar, what, eight weeks away? Must be a harder job than it looks.

Anyway, I’m very happy for Lloyd. He’s moving on to the “big leagues.” I wonder, though, will the editors of the Daily News put up with his insistence that he’s part of the “big Bush leagues”?

Best of luck, Lloyd. And remind me to send you that tie I promised!

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS