The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Friday, August 15, 2003  

A BONSAI TRAGEDY WAITING TO HAPPEN
Killing Them Softly With My Incompetence
Killing Them Softly . . .

In the past I’ve mentioned -- twice (see no. 59) -- my bad luck with Bonsai.

In the past three years I’ve killed no fewer than 11 Bonsai.

I now have one left. Actually, it’s a “grove” of three beautiful little trees with a fourth making its brave way into the world.

Sadly, however, the entire grove is on the edge of death.

I’m so ashamed.

I feel like a monster.

If these guys go, I’m giving up on the whole enterprise.

God, what if I kill Mildred, too? I just have to remember to feed and water her regularly.

(By the way, the title of this post is a refence to a song performed years ago by, I think, Roberta Flack.)

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS