The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Thursday, September 11, 2003  

HILARIOUS POSTAL SOLICITATION
“The New Republic is not What it Used to Be”
Is Martin Peretz Finally Getting It?

In today’s mail I received a subscription solicitation from the New Republic.

I didn’t open it. I know enough not to. But I couldn’t help being struck by the tag line that appeared on the envelope above my name and address:

The New Republic is not what it used to be . . .

I’ll say. Is that the understatement of the year, or what?

Not since Michael Kinsley edited the magazine, anyway.

Sorry, Marty, while the latter may be dead, a million apologies won’t make up for the disaster you made of your wife’s dowry by employing the likes of Andrew Sullivan and Michael Kelly.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS