The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Monday, November 17, 2003  

BIG BONEHEADED BLOGGING ERROR
On the Case of Ashleigh Moore

Pay no attention to the man in front of the computer. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. At least lately, when it comes to Ashleigh Moore.

A big, boneheaded blogging error was committed here at Rittenhouse yesterday. By me. And, boy, do I feel stupid.

The disappearance and death of Moore, 12, of Savannah, Ga., got under my skin when it was first brought to my attention, and, as you can probably tell, it stayed there. Although the crime occurred hundreds of miles from me, I tried to keep up with developments in the case as reported in the local media by periodically checking the relevant web sites.

Over the weekend something happened that sparked my interest in the case again, and I checked in with the Savannah Morning News to look for the latest news. Well, foolishly and Ann Coulter-like, I relied on what is clearly a faulty search engine and came to the conclusion that the SMN hadn’t reported anything about Moore since July.

Letting righteous indignation get in the way, I posted two items about this, going so far as to suggest that Rittenhouse contact the paper’s editors.

Bad idea.

In fact, the latest article in the paper was last month and can be found here.

My apologies to the paper and its editors, to my readers, and to Atrios for bringing him into this folly.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS