The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, November 18, 2003  

FREAK-ME-OUT PHOTO
Which Court is That Anyway?

I got up pretty late this morning, indulging in that timeworn and simultaneously permissible but dangerous luxury of the unemployed, and so I was still a little groggy when I clicked on a link to CNN’s story about the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court decision on gay marriage.

And so, being in a sleepy haze, one accentuated by the complete lack of Coca-Cola in the house, the photograph accompanying the article kind of freaked me out.

Left to right: Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, Justice Clarence Thomas, and Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Oh, wait, no. Sorry, wrong court.

But if you look at the photo, it’s not that much of a stretch really.

[Post-publication addendum: Well, for crying out loud, CNN took the photo down, the photo that I, in my respect for copyright laws, declined to copy and republish, making this whole post entirely worthless. Trust me, it was funny.]

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS