The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Thursday, November 20, 2003  

HEY, PAL, JUST GO TAKE A SHALIT
You’ll Feel a Whole Lot Better
And You Might Even Meet Your Deadline

Hold on. If we, as Roger Ailes -- no, not the disgusting and contemptible one -- suggests, and I think we should, adopt the term “shalitting” for the all-too-pervasive practice of journalists blatantly cribbing from the past work of their colleagues near and far, does that mean that every now and then a writer will get up from his seat and, while heading toward the Lexis-Nexis terminal, announce to his co-workers, “Excuse me, I’m going to take a shalit”?

God, I hope not.

(Yes, I know her name isn’t pronounced that way. Ease up.)

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS