The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, November 18, 2003  

OY, I GET MAIL
Some Good, Some Not So Good

I realize, more than most of my critics, and even my regular readers, probably would admit, that I’m nobody; nonetheless, I get some pretty interesting e-mail, most of it from the proverbial man/woman on the street, but some of it from celebrities or notables (okay, like a really, really small fraction), most of whom have, explicitly or otherwise, asked that I not reveal their names, and some of it nasty and not worth the time of day, but some of it flattering and heart-warming, and, given the source, so exciting, to me at least, that I can’t help myself from at least hinting as to its original origin, even if, as I sort of suspect, doing so might get me in trouble.

Damn, blogging really truly is worth the effort.

[Post-publication update: Gee whiz, who wrote the first paragraph of this piece, anyway? All 122 words of it, all incorporated into a single sentence, a single paragraph? Joan Didion?]

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS