The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, November 05, 2003  

YOU SHOULD OWN A DACHSHUND
A Miniature Dachshund, To Be Exact

Hey, how about some totally off-the-wall blogging? (I’m not supposed to be doing this anyway and there’s a pile of unpaid bills screaming at me, “No! Don’t! Pay attention to us!”)

Anyway, I know of a beautiful and totally lovable miniature dachshund who needs a new home.

His family is in the process of adopting a child, and, alas, this wonderful dog, despite all of his obvious wonderfulness, isn’t good with children.

His name is Murphy and he’s currently living in upstate New York (sort of central New York, if you know what that phrase means).

I’d take him in a minute except that I already have one dog, Mildred, also known as the world’s greatest bulldog, and the fact that I may soon have to move, and that, if I stay in Philadelphia, I will have to deal with the reality that Philly landlords, as a group, are notoriously anti-dog. Owning one dog alone is a strike against you; two is, well, some form of suicide or something.

If you think you might be interested in adopting Murphy, and are in a position to visit him and pick him up, and you have good references, please send me an e-mail.

[Post-publication addendum (November 10): Murphy has found a new home at which he appears to have settled in quite well, thank you very much.]

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS