The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Thursday, December 18, 2003  

POSTABLE QUOTABLE*
Essential Reading

Michelangelo Signorile, Rosie O’Donnell, a $100 million-dollar lawsuit, and gay marriage.

Here’s Rosie:

Any and every thing I wrote to [my partner] Kelli, you know, which they were using against me, some of my essays -- you know, when you get into a deep, dark place and you say, “You know what honey, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.” Well, if the honey is the same sex as you, that is evidence in a trial, and that’s hard to believe in America. . . . And if they didn’t have access to some of those letters I wrote to Kelli, I don’t think they would have sued me. Because, innately [sic], what they were thinking was that I would rather give them money than show the truth of my darkest part to America.

(* You saw it here first. It’s a combination, of sorts, of “Jeopardy”’s longstanding category, “Potent Potables,” and the now colloquial “Notable Quotable.”)

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS