The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, January 13, 2004  

I VOTED!
Media Whore of the Year

I just voted. No, not for any race in Philadelphia or in Pennsylvania, but at Media Whores Online.

I voted in the site's contest for "Media Whore of the Year."

It was a tough decision given the contenders: David Brooks, Susan Estrich, Ted Koppel, Charles Krauthammer, Howard Kurtz, Frank Luntz, Zell Miller, Kathleen Parker, Tim Russert, and George Will.

Normally I consider the ballot box to be sacred. You probably surmised that, knowing me as a man who typically keeps his opinions to himself. [Cue laugh track.]

Regardless, I'm willing to tell you that tempted as I was to cast my ballot for Howie Kurtz, in the end I voted, as a majority of MWO readers have so far, for NBC's Tim Russert.

And I feel pretty darn good about it.

Yet the strange thing about this entire exercise is that I suspect Russert would be entirely too pleased to receive the award.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS