The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Friday, January 23, 2004  

I’M SORRY
I Suspect I Have Let You Down

Just a few hours ago I led you to believe that the appearance at “Opinion Journal,” the “sister site” of the editorial pages of The Wall Street Journal (or what my friend J.C. would likely describe, as he once did in an entirely unrelated Dow Jones & Co. context, “the little brother site, the one with the dirty fingernails and runny nose”), of an essay by Meghan Cox Gurdon on the subject of Martha Stewart, chairman and chief executive officer of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Ltd., would result in a not-to-be-missed take from The Rittenhouse Review.

I regret that such a post from Rittenhouse is not in the offing.

It’s not like I don’t have the time. This is, after all, merely a Friday night. What the hell else might I be doing?

Instead, the fault lies solely with Cox Gurdon. Her piece is an incoherent mess. Uncreative, unoriginal, and uninteresting, it’s just not worth my time.

Sorry.

And I mean that.

Now what am I going to do for the rest of the night?

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS