The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, January 27, 2004  

OH MY GOD
Holy Friggin’ Freezin’ in Hell

I just received my latest electric bill from the local utility, Peco Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Exelon Corp., and a company formerly known by the less high-falutin’ name, Philadelphia Electric Co.

$375.70.

To (barely) heat and (barely) light 720 square feet for one month.

And this is after Peco’s adjustments based on my ongoing and persistent unemployment without benefits. An astounding $410.93 of billing for the same month has been deferred. I know it’s been cold here, but really, $786.63 of cold? What the hell?

Just kill me now.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS