The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, January 20, 2004  

SO KILL ME, I’M AN S.O.B.
At Least Tonight

I’m in a crappy mood tonight.

If I weren’t I doubt I would post this, in part, but only in part, because I stand a good chance of being raked over the coals for what I’m about to say, but I am, at least tonight, in such a mood, so read on, particularly if you are a blogger.

I implore you, please do not send me e-mail asking me to link to your blog if you haven’t already linked to The Rittenhouse Review. More specifically, do not send me an e-mail that reads something -- anything -- like the following:

Hi!!! I, like, just started a brand new weblog. You know, like, a blog. It’s sort of like a personal diary, but, like, sometimes it’s about, like, politics and stuff. I just started, like, last week. It’s, like, really great!!! You should, like, take a look!!! And if you, like, link to my blog, I’ll, like, set up, like, a link back to yours. Like, thanks!!!

Wrong approach.

Listen, if you haven’t figured out the underlying message here, I’m not sure you should be blogging at all.

And if you’re an established blogger, don’t even try to tell me you don’t have this thought almost every single day.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS