The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, February 25, 2004  

DIANA MOON FACES HER OWN “MISS THING”
Wishing Her, Diana, Not Miss Thing, the Best of Luck

I extend my best and my highest hopes to Diana Moon of Letter From Gotham as she heads to court tomorrow to face her contemptible landlord.

You know, until Miss Thing, my landlord’s agent and the building manager, tried -- unsuccessfully -- to haul me into court, I had little grasp on how intimidating such situations can be.

And that is the whole point: The landlord, developer, banker, what have you, knows he is intimidating, threatening, and scaring you. That’s why he has lawyers. That’s why his lawyers are passing out processes. That’s what he’s paying them for.

Regardless how unjustified or frivolous is his complaint -- and the reason Miss Thing’s attorney said she didn’t withdraw the suit, even after I brought my account up to date, was because I was “rude to one of the doormen” -- he knows he is is likely to have more resources on his side.

Diana, if you can summon even half the intellect and forensic agility you recently marshaled to pummel Ann Coulter, you’ll do just fine.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS