The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, February 10, 2004  

MY INSOMNIA
And My Hair

Anyone who has experienced insomnia, true insomnia, by which I mean the inability to fall asleep not just one or two nights a year, but night after night after night after night, knows how terrorizing this affliction can be.

I suspect a smaller percentage of the afflicted know how incredibly damaging this condition can be.

I speak from experience.

And speaking from experience, here’s a word or two to the would-be wise: Do not, ever, at three or four o’clock in the morning, allow yourself, or your mind, or your brain, to become consumed, let alone convinced, by the idea, or the notion, that cutting your own hair at that very moment would be a productive or beneficial use of your time.

Having been there, again, I’ll tell you that this is what’s going to happen tomorrow:

Jim: “Hello. Sorry to just stop by, but I see Andre is working today.”

Andre: “Hi, Jim.”

Jim: “FIX THIS!”

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS