The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, February 17, 2004  

NOT A TALKING-POINT GAL
Shorter Peggy Noonan

Shorter Peggy Noonan:

“I perform much better when I write off the top of my head than when I have to answer real questions from real people.”

If I might borrow from Noonan’s own words:

“Not impressive.”

“You can find the transcript of the . . . interview all over the Web. It reads better than it played.”

“[She] seemed tired, unsure and often bumbling. [Her] answers were repetitive, and when [she] tried to clarify them [she] tended to make them worse. [She] did not seem prepared. [She] seemed in some way disconnected from the event.”

“But [her] supporters don’t really expect to be inspired by [her] interviews.”

“So [Ms. Noonan] will have a few bad days of bad reviews ahead of [her].”

“[She] couldn’t remember [her] talking points. [She’s] a non-talking-point [gal].”

“I’ve never been able to stick to a talking point in a TV interview in my life.”

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS