The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Friday, February 13, 2004  

OH, THE PLACES I’VE BEEN!
Another Dr. Seuss Moment

Speaking of Dr. Seuss moments and of having them -- and we were -- I’m having another such episode this evening, as you can judge from the headline of this post.

I’ve visited or been in or to 21 of the 50 United States, along with the District of Columbia, as shown in the map below (I’ve been to the “red” states, some of which actually are “blue” states.):


[Create Your Own Visited States Map]

Of these, I have lived in the following, in chronological order: New Jersey, New York, Virginia, the District of Columbia, New York (again), and Pennsylvania.

(Fascinating stuff, this, I know.)

As I look at the map I wonder, why have I never been to Rhode Island? Or to South Caro- . . . Never mind.

(By the way, with respect to all of those gray states, of which there are too many I think, I’m open and receptive to invitations.)

My favorite states: New York, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.

My least favorite states (and I know I’m going to get letters for this): Texas (but I’ve only been to Houston), Louisiana, and Georgia. Or maybe Florida.

[Link/project/activity/idea/assignment via Waremouse.]

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS