The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Saturday, February 21, 2004  

A READER WRITES
With Gratitude and Appreciation

Reader C.P., who recently wrote to The Rittenhouse Review to express concern the site temporarily had neglected to inform readers of the nation’s “terror alert status” -- Concern? C.P. was almost distraught: “How can I prepare for the day without knowing?” -- writes again:

Whew, thank you. I can go on with my day.

After September 11, 2001 some friends here were questioning whether something like that could happen in Savannah[, Ga.]. I agree with you that we hardly meet the profile for a terrorist target. I pointed out that even General William Tecumsah Sherman didn’t burn the city. Why would al Qaeda?

I thought that was clever of me.

Indeed, as “they” say, thinking that particular bon mot, in and of itself, to be so wise an observation.

I promise you, C.P., and the multitudes who depend upon Rittenhouse each and every day for a status report on their very ability to go about their business: I will not let you down.

(Oh, and, uh, by the way, I still need more yellow photos. JPG format, please.)

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS