The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, February 24, 2004  

STAYING HOME
Turning the Corner

“On the whole, I’d rather be in Philadelphia.” -- W.C. Fields

I’m relieved to tell you today that I believe I finally have turned a corner, a sharp corner veering off the side of a huge rocky cliff, no less.

Thanks to the recent and continued generosity of readers from around the country and overseas (Oh, and I can’t forget Canada here.), The Rittenhouse Review is staying in Philadelphia for the foreseeable future.

“It is as it was” or “it is as it is” or “it is as it should be,” or something like that. (Regardless, Peggy Noonan still has a lot of explaining to do.)

Of course with Rittenhouse staying in Philadelphia that means I’m staying here too. (Actually, that’s primarily, or basically, what this means. The blog is, perish the thought, secondary in all of this, due in no small part to the fact it can be published from anywhere.)

Better, thanks to the good offices of a local reader, I have secured an incredibly attractive housing arrangement beginning later this week.

Even better, I sold an article today. A small piece and there is no guarantee that it will be published. But, heck, I got paid for it.

Best of all, as I walked down Walnut Street this afternoon the phrase “spring in your step” came to mind. I haven’t heard that in my head in a long time. And it feels really good.

Thanks, every one.

And now, or still, I must find a job.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS