The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, March 17, 2004  

CONSUMER TIP OF THE DAY
Call Around First!

The other day I took a prescription to a national drugstore and pharmacy chain.

Price, all out of pocket of course: $74.99.

The price seemed high compared with what I recalled having paid at the little stand-alone pharmacy in my old neighborhood, but, my memory being rather unreliable, I thought perhaps I was making it all up in my head.

And so, to reassure myself and for future reference, I called the little stand-alone pharmacy in my old neighborhood and asked for a quote on the very same prescription.

$44.00.

Life to the fullest,” the national chain says of itself.

I guess it all depends upon which side of the register you’re standing.

Look, unless you’re truly desperate and in dire and immediate need, don’t take your prescription just anywhere. Call around first.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS