The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, March 16, 2004  

I’LL DO BETTER
I Promise

Several readers have written to express concern or lament about the recent paucity of posts at Rittenhouse.

I apologize for that and I promise to do better.

I blame it on the house’s no-smoking-inside rule.

There are 44 steps from my third-floor bedroom to the main floor with its access to the garden.

(I know there are 44 steps because Mildred counted. And that wasn’t easy for her because she has but four fingers on each hand. Oh, excuse me, four claws on each paw, as one of her former veterinarians, Cindy Xanthopoulos, Chadds Ford, Pa., once disdainfully and condescendingly corrected me.)

I wrote more when I smoked more.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS