The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, March 17, 2004  

SHARING A BONDING MOMENT OR TWO
I Feel Young Again, and Yet Not

Tonight I feel as if I’m sharing a bonding moment with my two newest nieces, C. and P.

I’m experiencing a mild outbreak of impetigo, if you can believe it.

I know, I know, as the kids say, “T.M.I., Uncle Jim!” (That means “too much information,” for the hopelessly clueless.)

It’s okay, though. It’s made me feel young again.

Then I looked in the mirror and I saw about 12 gray shoots -- that’s what I call them, shoots -- growing, without prior authorization or any permission whatsoever, just above my eyes.

That made me feel old. But they’re gone now. And I feel sort of young again.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS