The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Friday, March 05, 2004  

SOMEONE WRITES
For The Third Time!

Someone named Eric Carra, apparently of no fixed address, as they say, and a person who professes to have attempted to engage me in correspondence no fewer than two times in the past, today writes:

From: ETCLD@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:55:30 EST
Subject: At it again, huh?

Y’know, Mr. Capozzola, I’ve only written you twice before. On those previous occasions, I pretty much said that you’ve been acting like a whiny little child.

I’m back, and you’re doing it again. Suggestion: grow up.

Eric Carra

I wish I could tell Mr. Carra that it is nice to hear from him again, but, honestly, I can’t recall having heard or seen his name before this evening.

Here’s a tip for you, Mr. Carra, a tip from a whiny little child: If I didn’t answer your first e-mail and I didn’t answer your second, and if I cannot recall having received either message, it’s safe to assume you had little, if anything, of interest to say in your ultimately unsatisfyingly one-sided correspondence (an assumption confirmed by the vague, unspecific, and pointless verbiage of your latest little missive), and it’s a safe bet I’m not going to respond to this one either.

Instead, I’ll just share it with everyone.

So nice of you to stop by, however. Do come back.

Wait a second. Eric Carra. Is that the name Norah Vincent is using these days as she runs around southeastern Pennsylvania and southern and central New Jersey as a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman pretending to be a man?

Deceiving people, hurting their feelings, shocking them for a bit of malicious fun, knocking things over . . . A veritable bull in a china shop, this one, professional ethics be damned.

Nah, it couldn’t be. Last I knew, Norah was going by Fred.

But the tone of the message does sound a little like her. Or like her nasty friend Lisa McNulty.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS