The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, March 23, 2004  

WE’RE FAT! WE’RE UGLY! WE’RE MEAN!
We’re Philadelphians!

Readers of Travel & Leisure and something called “AOL Travel” ranked Philadelphia dead last among 25 American cities ranked according to the appearance and stylishness of their residents.

So we’re ugly, huh?

And you may recall, we’re also fat, that according to Men’s Fitness magazine.

And as I’m sure you’ve heard, we’re mean, too. We, or at least some of us, recently ran MTV’s “Real World” out of town.

Though here’s some breaking news, just out on the wires: They’re coming back!

Speaking for myself, as a Philadelphian, I know I’m not fat. I’d like to think I’m not ugly. And I most definitely am not mean. Uh, wait. Strike that last one.

And I’m glad the producers of “Real World” changed their minds. It’s one heck of an opportunity to show the world we’re not fat or ugly, but for now, we’ll withhold a determination on that whole “mean” thing.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS