The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Saturday, March 27, 2004  

WHY I LOVE LIVING IN PENNSYLVANIA
Reason No. 239

Monday is the day.

Monday, March 29.

That’s the day by which one must be registered with commonwealth officials in order to vote in the upcoming Pennsylvania primary elections, including the presidential primary.

The date matters to me, at least a little, because I recently moved from one part of Philadelphia to another.

In order to vote in my new precinct, my change of address form must be received by local election officials by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 29, 2004.

Procrastinator that I am, I finally mailed the dopey form Friday morning. I think I’ll be okay. If not, I expect to be able to vote in my former precinct, the polling place for which is a mere eight blocks away.

Like it matters.

You see, March 29 is the deadline for registering to vote in the primary. The primary election will not be held until Tuesday, April 27.

That’s us . . . Pennsylvania.

Big. And irrelevant. By design or by default. And frankly, we’re not sure which.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS