The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Friday, April 30, 2004  

BUSY (LAZY?) FRIDAY
An Excuse, a Contest, and a Poll

I meant to blog today, but obviously I didn’t. I was up late last night, and besides, some days you have it, some days you don’t. Today I just didn’t. My apologies.

As for last night, it wasn’t anything particularly exciting. I’ll give you a hint, though, and the first reader with the correct answer will win . . . will win . . . I don’t know, I’ll think of something, so here goes:

“Miss Burns, what are you doing in Dr. Bannister’s room? Don’t you know the meaning of the word propriety?”

On a final note, today I received an e-mail from a reader who cast a vote for “Other” in this week’s Rittenhouse poll -- “Which Democratic senator do you admire most?” -- to let me know who her “other” is. It would be interesting to hear the same from other “other” voters.

The poll so far reveals a virtual tie for first place among (in alphabetical order): Sens. Robert Byrd (W.Va.), Russ Feingold (Wisc.), and Ted Kennedy (Mass.). Be sure to vote before the Tuesday evening deadline -- and tell your friends and family to do the same.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS