The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Monday, April 12, 2004  

FORWARDING AND DELIVERY PROBLEMS
Amazon.com Merchandise

Several weeks ago I published a post expressing my thanks and appreciation after having learned several items from my Amazon.com “Wish List” were on their way to me.

I spoke too soon.

Unfortunately, because of my recent move, which really isn’t so recent anymore (six weeks), it appears some items shipped to my former address haven’t yet been, and may not be, forwarded to my new address.

As a result, and much to my dismay, I have not been able to express personally my appreciation to the specific donors because their gifts haven’t arrived.

I have been in contact with Amazon.com customer service, such as it is, and they are aware I have not received this merchandise. Despite a good start, from a “May I help you?” perspective, I as yet have received no response to my last message to Amazon.

It may help, I think, for Amazon to hear from the buyers/senders of the following items:

Books: The Working Poor, by David K. Shipler; Nickel and Dimed, by Barbara Ehrenreich; Birth Order Blues, by Meri Wallace; Christian Science on Trial, by Rennie B. Schoepflin; and Prayers in Stone: Christian Science Architecture in the U.S., by Paul Eli Ivey.

DVDs: “What’s Up, Doc?” and “Mildred Pierce.”

I apologize for this situation and thank you in advance for your kindness and consideration.

[Post-publication addendum (April 14): Just to be clear on one point: If your kindness and generosity impel you to send me something from my wish list, please know that used books are gratefully received.]

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS