The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, May 19, 2004  

REMINDS ME OF THE TIME
I Lost My Wallet

Notes From Atlanta today posted a brief, uh, note about Powerball, Wal-Mart, and McDonald’s.

Go ahead. Go read it. I’ll wait.

Okay, now that you’re back I’ll just mention that NFA’s post reminded me of the time I lost my wallet.

Before I even realized the wallet was missing the bank called me about suspicious activity on my debit card, a card that is accepted as a credit card even though, behind the scene at least, it doesn’t really work that way.

Anyway, the woman from the bank asked me to identify the last purchase I made, which I did, and then she rattled off several other purchases made with the card on the other side of town.

Can you guess the first place the knucklehead went with my card?

McDonald’s.

Now tell me, if you were the dishonest type, and I know you’re not, but if you were and you came across a debit/credit card in a handsome wallet would you have made the Golden Arches your first stop?

I didn’t think so. You’re smarter than that. And that’s why you’re reading this blog.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS