The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, June 09, 2004  

GO AHEAD, MAKE FUN
Only Sometimes, It’s Not So Funny

I know, I’m a weirdo, a freak. Regular readers know I have a weakness for what I’ve come to call “cheesy” Lifetime TV movies.

The genre is on full display tonight, in prime time, as the network plays “Dangerous Intentions,” starring, and yes, I know, this is an easy set up, Donna Mills, Robin Givens, and Corbin Bernsen.

I’ve made the joke a million times.

Sometimes, though, it’s not funny. The film and the subject. Too often, it’s downright scary. And dangerous. Lethally so.

See:

National Domestic Violence Hotline

National Coalition Against Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Handbook

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS