The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Friday, June 04, 2004  

A RACE TO THE BOTTOM
Van Susteren v. Simpson

I know I wrote in the post below that I’m outta’ here for a few days, but gee whiz, I can’t let this pass by without comment: What are we to make of the latest tête-à-tête between Greta Van Susteren and O.J. Simpson?

I’m inclined here to refer to Van Susteren and Simpson with words along the lines of “pond scum of the primordial soup,” except upon reflection I realize the scum managed to rise to the top of that ancient brew.

So instead, how about something like “bottom feeders of the primordial soup”? No, that’s not quite it since inherent in the phrase is the notion that there is still some other form of life, albeit simple, crude, and primitive, lower than the bottom feeders.

“Worthless amoeba of the primordial soup”?

I don’t know, it just doesn’t ring right.

Imagine that. I of all people, said to be one of the snottiest bloggers around, can’t come up with an insult appropriate for the likes of these.

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS