The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Sunday, July 25, 2004  

“GETTING” 9/11
The Report, Not the Horror

Yesterday I bought the report, the book: The 9/11 Commission Report: Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States.

It wasn’t easy. The Barnes & Noble store at 1805 Walnut Street, on the north side of Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, had already sold every copy from its first stock of the report.

Fortunately, Border’s Books, at 1 South Broad Street, at the corner of Chestnut and just south of City Hall, isn’t so far away.

Even better, Qdoba, the somewhat upscale version of Taco Bell located at 1528 Walnut Street, lies between the two stores.

I’m glad I only ordered a few tacos at Qdoba, and that I ate them quickly, because by the time I got to Border’s the store had on hand only two copies of The 9/11 Commission Report.

I bought the next-to-last copy.

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS