The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, October 13, 2004  

WHEN OLD P.C.'s DO BAD THINGS
Blogging Disrupted
Five-Year-Old Machine Causing Headaches, Frustration

I apologize for the lack of posts at Rittenhouse this week. My PC is on the fritz again. This marks the third major PC failure here in just the last few months. The valiant technician, M.D. is, as we speak, or as you read this, again reinstalling Windows, an operation that I understand, at least with respect to my PC, is no small task.

As before, I'm posting this from the Philadelphia public library, this time for the music library. (No, there's no music playing, but I'm surrounded by a massive number of musical scores packed into shelves on three different levels.)

You can imagine how frustrating it is to be unable to blog consistently so close to election day. I feel like I'm missing out, and I just hate that feeling.

(As an aside: Three separate drafts of an important update on the 427th Transportation Co., an Army reserve unit that was the subject of several posts in August, have been lost due to PC failures. For those in the Army and reserves and their families and friends who expressed interest in this matter, I apologize for the delay. My time on the PC here is limited to an hour a day and the intended post is, if not complex, then requiring time and attention to detail.)

I hope to be up and running from home this evening, but unfortunately can make no promises. Please check back from time to time, as your continued support and readership is greatly appreciated.

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS