The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Monday, December 13, 2004  

THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO PHILADELPHIA
In a Long, Long Time

This is just plain incredible: “Judge Rules the Barnes Can Move to Philadelphia,” by Carol Vogel, the New York Times.

Just one more reason this is so great: Because the proposed Calder museum, which was kind of up in doubt, something to do about really itchy progeny, will now, because of the Barnes, become a reality.

And because with the Barnes and the Calder joining the rest of the museums on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, we, Philadelphia, I mean, are really so there. So really very there.

(You know, I didn’t blog about this while it was all going on, but I should have. I really thought Judge Stanley R. Ott was going to go the other way. I’m so grateful he didn’t.)

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS